- "There's something incubating in the bottom of my cup, Garçon".
- "You asked for it, that's the cream".
- "But... It’s all in one lump".
- "No problem, I'll bring you a fork".
- "Eh... Forget it".
- -Garçon and George
George arranges a meeting with André Lobineau in the Café to discuss Nicole Collard’s predicament. When he arrives, André is yet not there. To George’s surprise, there is a known character having a drink in the nearby table, Gendarme. In the meantime, George asks for a cup of coffee and then he brings him a filthy coffee with a lump of cream.
- In the original game, there is part of the text that was scrapped out in the Director's Cut version. George asks the Garçon for a coffee while he waits for André. He is sure he’s asked for cream in his coffee, but he’s brought him black. The coffee is very bitter and only lukewarm, there was also an unpleasant, coagulated lump at the bottom of the cup. That is undoubtedly the most disgusting cup of coffee he’s ever tasted in his life!
- The Garçon’s stained and crumpled clothes look as if they’ve been slept in. George decides not to bother with a meal...
- The waiter doesn’t seem to care much about his appearance or his customers.